The college phase is one of the most exciting & crucial phases as compared to all other phases of life. Therefore, it is vital to understand & take the right step to keep a check on the resources which will take you to the next level.
Out of these resources, finding the best books to be read by every student plays an integral role.
Well, most students, irrespective of being in school or college, aspire to be successful & famous in their lives. Most of us draw our inspiration from the people around us, about whom we read the newspapers & magazines, like Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, APJ Abdul Kalam, & many eminent leaders who have deeply impacted our society with their dedicated work & precious knowledge. In addition, we put our best foot forward, try to follow their steps, & achieve big in life.
If you also wish to do the same, then hang on & read this guide!
Today, in this blog, we will discuss the best motivational books every student must read.
So, without further ado, let us begin!
Best Books To Be Read By Every School/ College Student
We might have come across people who read a lot despite their tight schedules. Well, we are not just talking about newspapers, but books & novels as well, i.e., biographies, inspirational books, historical books, etc.
While some of you might possess a reading habit, many people believe that spending time playing games, watching TV shows, etc., is better than indulging in fruitful reading. However, it is vital to understand that reading helps to expand your horizons in the best possible manner.
In addition, books can help you have a decent life quality & provide essential guidance and wisdom that no one can impart to you.
So, here are the best books to be read by every school/ college student. Take a look!
1. The Alchemist
This is one of the best books everyone should read, not just students. Initially published in 1988, The Alchemist is a book whose lessons resonate with each one of us through the protagonist’s story.
In addition, the book tells you about the basic human desires, some of which we follow & others which we hide within due to the fear of society & the world. This book perfectly gives us the essential wisdom of listening to our hearts, identifying opportunities, & learning to read omens strewn along life’s path.
Interestingly, books like Alchemist teach everyone to follow their dreams. We are all aware of the principles that govern the world. Well, through this book, we will be able to incorporate those principles into our daily lives & routines. Here’s a look at what you will encounter in this book:
- One is capable of accomplishing their dreams, provided they stay patient & determined
- When you desire something from the core of your heart, the entire universe guides & supports you to help you achieve it
- Love never keeps a man from pursuing his destiny
- The fear that surrounds our potential suffering is worse than suffering itself
- The secret of life is to fall seven times & get up the eighth time
- Everyone has a clear idea regarding how others around them must lead their lives, but not about their own lives
- One must never stop dreaming & believing in their dreams
2. The Last Lecture
We all go to our elders for advice, words of wisdom, as well as suggestions. Well, this book is created on similar grounds. At 47, Professor Randy of Carnegie Mellon College discovers he has pancreatic cancer. It is the last lecture he writes for his college students & readers, inspiring them to live every day with purpose & joy.
This book is both inspiring & powerful, and trust us – you’ll never want it to end. The author narrates his life stories which revolve around dreaming big, working hard, perseverance, self-confidence, sacrifice, courage, a positive outlook, & dealing with adversity. Some of the unforgettable lines from this book are:
- Luck is where preparation meets opportunity.
- Experience is what you get when you don’t receive what you want. Experience is the most valuable thing that one has to offer.
- The brick walls are not there to keep us out but to give us a chance to show hope badly we want something.
- Never underestimate the importance of having fun.
3. The Fountainhead
Right from our childhood, our elders advise us to concentrate on our passion. You achieve your dreams when you follow this real-life fact.
In this book, Ayn Rand crafts a story around different characters. The story describes the art of survival in a society which refuses to accept your thoughts & principles. Well, it’s possible that the book might not grab your attention initially, but as it moves forward, the protagonist’s life makes you brainstorm your ethics. The author describes how some people settle for everything they receive while only the dreamers with talent shape their lives in the best possible manner.
The protagonist in the book is passionate & dedicated to his dream of becoming an architect, but he refuses to design buildings regularly. Being humble & confident, he decides to help his friend design buildings.
All the characters in this book describe different kinds of people on encounters in their life. Without focusing on any one person, the authors give you the choice of selecting your path & creating your story.
The novel’s central theme is the struggle for a free mind, the struggle for creativity & individualism, & the struggle against common opinion, i.e., ‘the second-handers who think about what other people think about them. Here are some great lines for you:
- The hardest thing to explain is glaringly evident that everybody has decided not to see.
- Selling your soul is the easiest thing in the world. That’s what everybody does every hour of their life. If I asked you to keep your soul, would you understand why this is harder?
- Freedom: To ask nothing. To expect nothing. To depend on nothing.
Isn’t it one of the best books to be read by everyone?
4. Ignited Minds
This book is exclusively dedicated to youth & college students. Ignited Minds is a blessing for the country’s students that Dr APJ Abdul Kalam has bestowed upon us. Being counted as one of the top motivational books to be read by students, this book begins with an inspirational message to dream big, believing that everyone’s dream will turn into a beautiful reality one day. In this book, APJ Abdul Kalam focuses on the habit of Indians towards settling down.
With limited achievement & without utilizing their full potential, talent, skills, & resources, the eminent leader asks the youth what has stopped them from dreaming & why they are following the rat race of copying others.
Moreover, the author also talks about the combination of science & spirituality, where he emphasizes on how integral spiritual development is along with the growth in various areas, like education, information technology, agriculture, etc. Through his experiences & interactions with people from different spheres of society, he urges the people of India to unite & work towards a mission.
Some overwhelming lines are:
- Thinking is the capital, the enterprise is the way, & the hard word is the solution.
- Change is crucial. It brings new thoughts & new thoughts lead to innovative actions.
- I realized that if something is at stake, the human mind gets ignited & the working capacity gets enhanced manifold.
- Dream, Dream, Dream. Dreams transform into thoughts & thoughts result in action.
Reading is an integral activity as it sparks creativity among students. When you read a profound book, it has a deep impact on your behavior towards certain situations, mindset, & health.
There are numerous books that can uplift your mind & mood and offer you immense knowledge. We have only listed a few of them. But we suggest you try reading these books once to look at life differently with a positive outlook!
Tell us in the comments below what are some of the best books you have read so far!